As a wise woman once said, “sometimes I just need the whole house to stink like brownies.”
Adapted from Baking Illustrated
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (as dark as possible! reduce sugar if not very dark)
- 12 TB butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 TB vanilla
- Oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter a 13 by 9 inch pan. Toast nuts if desired.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a large bowl.
- Whisk flour, salt, bake powder in medium bowl.
- Whisk sugar into chocolate. Add eggs one at a time then vanilla. Add flour in 3 additions then fold in nuts.
- Pour in to pan, bake 30 minutes. DO NOT over bake, their secret is in the fudginess. Bake for less if you have a larger pan.